A group of Akron city employees work daily to make sure that residents and visitors alike to downtown encounter an environment that's clean, safe, and most of all, welcoming.
That's quite a feat, considering the many scenarios they may happen upon or be called to act on during any given day: vagrants, a stalled car, littering, performing CPR, or suspicious activity outside a storefront.
They are the members of the Downtown Akron Partnership (DAP) Clean & Safe Ambassador Program, easily recognizable by their fluorescent yellow uniform.
- Gay Community Endowment Fund seeks grant proposals for Gay Games projects
- The Northeast Ohio Blues Association presents Blues at The Civic
- UA hosts researcher, historian Mike Hill
- GAINS discusses sense of place
- Holidayfest celebrates 10th anniversary at Lock 3 in Downtown Akron
- Last call for donations for Akron fraternity fundraiser