Akron Art Bomb Brigade, a community arts project that breathes new life into Akron neighborhoods through vibrant public murals, will host its 3rd Annual Flannel & Music Fest fundraiser, Saturday, Feb. 15, at 7 p.m., at Musica,
The event includes live music, contests and raffles and contests celebrating winter beards, flannels and the limbo. Musica is located at 51 E. Market Street in the Historic Arts and Culture District in downtown Akron.
All proceeds go to helping the Art Bomb Brigade purchase supplies and equipment to create more murals in the greater Akron region and to support the initiation of new programming.
Schedule of Events
- 7 p.m. Doors open
- 8 p.m. Rubber City Ukes and sing along (BYOB ukuleles)
- 9 p.m. JD & Ken dualing (acoustic rock)
- 10 p.m. Swell Tides (psych punk)
- 11 p.m. Daveferatu & The Highland Squares (garage-surf-punk-rock)
- Midnight Zip-Zapp (psych rock)
Prizes will be offered for:
- Best beard of all time
- Most flannel ever worn by a human
- Most limber person to do a Limbo in all of history
Tickets for the event are $10. Pre-sale tickets may be found on Art Bomb Brigade’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/1460776090766264/ or tickets may be purchased at the door,
Other opportunities to win prizes at the event are possible through a 50/50 raffle and a mega-basket with local swag. Flannel shirt donations will be collected for the Haven of Rest at the event.
The program is run by the Myers School of Art at The University of Akron.
For info, visit akronartbomb.com.