The North Side Outdoor Gallery will launch in May and feature outdoor installations and reproductions of art on an outdoor screen. The gallery will be installed along Furnace and Howard streets on the North Side and will be available for public viewing for 12 months, along with being viewed by Marriott hotel guests.
To submit an application, go to https://www.judgify.me/NorthsideDistrictOutdoorGallery to review details and submit. Photographs of the piece should be uploaded. While the work will not be selected on the quality of the photograph, please note that the selection will be made based on the photographs submitted. Applications are due April 6.
Ten winners will be selected to have their art reproduced and installed in the gallery, and at the end of the 12 months there will be an event auctioning the work. The artist will have the option to auction of the original piece at their value, in turn they will receive 75 percent of the commission. If the artist chooses to auction the reproduced artwork, they will receive a 25-percent commission.
Winners will also receive:
- $300 cash prize
- Invitation to VIP auction event where you may select to have your work auctioned off (75 percent to the artist, 25 percent commission to the organization to sustain the program)
- Included in advertisement and editorial article in Akron Life Magazine
- Included in advertisements in the Marriott’s rooms, And Northside District Retailers
- Promotion through Downtown Akron Partnership and Summit 365 websites
- Additionally, digital works of art will be selected to be displayed on a large outdoor digital screen. These works will be in full view of the public in the district and hotel guests from their rooms.