Tickets are still available for the Arts Alive Awards Tuesday, June 11, 6 p.m. at Summit Artspace, 140 E. Market St.
The event will include live music, appetizers, a cash bar, silent auction and an after party (that begins at 8 p.m.) The Arts Alive Awards Committee has announced the list of creatives in 14 categories, including nominations from the public.
Summit Artspace Champion — Akron Community Foundation
Arts Alive Award — Barbara Feld
Lifetime Achievement Award — Joan Colbert
The finalists for the categories dedicated to art disciplines, education and advocacy are:
- Outstanding Visual Artist — Amy Mothersbaugh, Judith Gaiser and Micah Kraus
- Outstanding Artist in Music — Zach Friedhof, Jane Berkner and Brad Wagner
- Outstanding Artist in Dance — Jane Startzman and Dominic Moore Dunson
- Outstanding Artist in Theater — John Dayo Aliya, Dane C.T. Leasure and Jairo Cuesta
- Outstanding Arts Volunteer — Brenda Schneider, Lizzie Lukens Conrad and Yoly Miller
- Outstanding Patron — Bounce Innovation Hub/Hazel Tree Design Studio, Dr. Saroj Sutaria and Western Reserve Hospital
- Community Outreach — Art of Recovery, Christa Boske for the Social Justice Project and Center for Applied Drama and Autism
- Arts Educator — Dillon Sedar, Dara Harper and Ashlynn Schindler
- Emerging Artist — Nathan Prebonick, River Berry and Victoria Rose
- Rising New Leadership — Marissa McClellan, Courtney Cable and Karen Walters
- Collaborative Project — Jennifer Dale Fox for The Penny Project, Akron Art Museum and Akron Public Library for the Akron Art Library and the Akron Center for Art, Music and Performance.
The Arts Alive Awards event was created in 2001 to recognize gifted artists, art educators and change-making advocates in local arts.
Diana Selzer and Ace Epps are the event’s honorary co-chairs.
Reservations are $65 per person and are on sale now. A reservation includes appetizers, live music, awards and admission to the after party that is also open to the public starting at 8 p.m. Guests will also be able to bid on unique, local art in the silent auction during the Arts Alive Awards.
Guests may choose to attend only the after party for $20 per person. There will be a cash bar open throughout the main event and after party. There will be music by “SPACE ACE” DJ Ace Epps at the after party.
To make reservations for the award event and after party, go to summitartspace.org/artsalive-reservations. All proceeds from the event support the galleries and programming at Summit Artspace.
There are a variety of sponsorship opportunities available. For info, go to www.summitartspace.org/support-artsalive or call (330) 376-8480.