This weekend, community members will gather for a celebration of culture, art and music. Big Love Fest takes places starting at noon on Saturday, Feb. 28, at the Musica Complex, with gatherings of musicians, artists, performers, yogis, foodies, dancers, actors and families from all of Akron.
There will be featured activities geared toward children held throughout the day, provided by the Akron Art Museum, Spring Garden Waldorf School, and Jen Griest. In addition, food will be available from Mustard Seed Market and Cafe, Ms. Julie’s Kitchen, The Vegan Mentors and Urban Eats.
The day will include performances and artistry, as well as workshops and collaborative, co-creation sessions, including those outlined below. For a full listing of events, or to see more details for the day, visit the event page on Facebook.
- Opening session with Jeffrey Zeyda and Madison Lopez, 12:15 at Musica
- Shaki Yoga: Finding the Divine Inside with Nancy Holland of Free Yoga Akron and Matt DeRubertis playing sitar, 12:45 at Uncorked Wine Bar
- Crystal Singing Bowls Chakra Meditation, Rebekah Benner of Terra Amma Spiritual Center, 1:00 at the Healing Room (space across the courtyard from Musica)
- Super Snacks to Charge Your Super Self with Abraham Nabors of Mustard Seed Market and Cafe, 2:30 at Uncorked Wine Bar
- Local Foods and Urban Agriculture Workshop with Lisa Nunn of Let’s Grow Akron and Beth Vild of H.E.A.L.S., 3:15 at Uncorked Wine Bar
- Hug Workshop with Caitlin Boyle and Kelly McHood of Rooted Akron and H.E.A.L.S., 4:00 at the Healing Room
- Non-Violent Games with Greg Coolridge of American Friends’ Service Committee, 4:45 at Musica
- Mindfulness Meditation with Eden Kozlowski of Just Be LLC, 6:00 at the Healing Room