Members of the community will be able to connect with Bounce Innovation Hub’s most promising startups in a live pitch/networking event. The inaugural Startup Showcase takes place Thursday, Nov. 14, from 5 to 8 p.m. at Bounce, located at 526 S. Main St.
The Showcase features pitches from 16 of the organization’s business startups. Attendees also will hear from Aaron Christopher “AC” Evans, co-founder and CEO of Drips, an Akron-based tech community whose solutions fuse communications with artificial intelligence.
“You only improve when you hurt enough that you have to, or you learn enough that you want to,” said Evans. “Learning from others’ experiences, mistakes and pain is an infinitely faster and more enjoyable track than through your own sufferings. Learn from my mistakes, trials and tribulations of over 20 years of entrepreneurship, as I discuss why my 27th company, Drips, was more successful than the 26 companies and projects that preceded it.”
Live pitches for the night will be made by local early-stage software companies:
- Backdraft — a consumer platform that uses bank cards as a rewards card and provides businesses with insight into their customers to assist with marketing and sales.
- Dencar Technology — digital solutions for car wash operators to enhance the sales experience.
- ShowCEO — a platform that simplifies the process of creating, managing, finding and entering horse shows – for organizers and riders – all in one place.
- AdminAI – which aims to automate remedial administrative tasks for startups and small businesses.
- HomeFed — a software platform that connects gardeners with land-owners (targeting home-owners, in particular) who want fresh produce but don’t have the time or talent to garden.
- Accelerator graduate LIFTR.ai – an AI-driven software solution that promotes automation, helping marketers build brand loyalty and drive customer experience.
- Technology Incubator company Roosense – which develops fabric materials for monitoring health parameters on the surface of the skin; they are in the process of developing wearable fabric sensors for monitoring hydration in real-time.
Another pitch will be made by non-technology startup Honesty Healthcare LLC, based in Akron, which provides non-medical personal care services and support to people living in their homes, allowing them to preserve their independence and promoting their well-being.
An additional eight companies will be on hand at the event with display tables.
Bounce Innovation Hub serves Ohio’s entrepreneurial and innovation community, with more than 50 organizations in the building and more than 300,000 square feet of co-working, event and meeting space, along with office, lab and light manufacturing space.
“Bounce encourages open collaboration through unique opportunities, programs and events— like this one,” said Doug Weintraub, Bounce CEO. “Because of these connections, new ideas are born and relationships with like-minded innovators take hold.”
The event is free to attend. To register, visit http://bit.ly/BounceStartupShowcase.