The event will offer education and resources to new and expecting parents in Akron and the surrounding areas. Other event partners include Akron Summit Community Action Inc., Project Ujima, Mount Calvary Baptist Church, Minority Behavioral Health Group and Summa Health.
The event will feature a variety of activities, presentations and giveaways such as:
· $50 gift card giveaway to the first 20 families who register in advance
· Free lunch
· Diaper giveaway (1,000 diapers)
· Car seat safety demonstrations by Akron Fire Department
· Education on infant mortality awareness and prevention
· Fatherhood programs, resources and assistance
· Safe Sleep Kit giveaway – includes safe sleep sack, crib sheet and a Pack ‘n Play bassinet
· Car seat giveaway
The event will be held at Akron Fire Department – Station 6, at 1685 S. Hawkins Ave., on Saturday, Oct. 22.
The event is free to the public, but registration is required. Attendees should call (330) 873-9793 or email [email protected] to register. All giveaways will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.