The City of Akron’s Rib, White and Blue Festival will take place July 1 through July 4 on King James Way (South Main Street) in downtown Akron.
This year, 12 rib vendors from across the country will compete for cash prizes and bragging rights in the “Best Of” competition.
Other vendors scheduled to participate include:
• Gift Concessions (fries, roasted corn, lemonade, and ice cream)
• Judy’s Concessions (sausage/steak sandwich, fried cheese, bloomin’ onions)
• Otterbacher Concessions (candy apples, popcorn, cotton candy)
• Quaker Corp Concessions (funnel cake, birch beer)
• The Pierogi Lady (pierogis and sausages)
Gates open each day at 11:00 am, and admission is free.
Featured musical acts in the Lock 3 amphitheater include:
8:30 p.m.: Bruce in the USA, The World’s #1 Tribute to Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, with Vanity Crash at 6:30 p.m.
8:30 p.m.: Slippery When Wet, The Ultimate Bon Jovi Tribute with Electric Mud at 6:30 pm
8:30 p.m.: Hotel California, the Original Tribute to the Eagles 8:30 p.m., with Zach and the Bright Lights at 6:30 p.m.
4 p.m.: Alex Bevan
6 p.m.: The Freedom Brass Band
8 p.m.: Akron Symphony Orchestra
9:45 p.m.: July 4 Fireworks
Come join the barons of barbecue from around the world as they gather and bid to become rib royalty.
To learn more about the Rib, White & Blue Festival, go to http://www.lock3live.com/.